top of page
(YEAH, YOU KNOW ME)
The Innovation Progression Program (IPP)
is the engine that transforms ideas into assets.
Proven to protect your investment, brand, and team spirit, IPP provides a comprehensive 4-STAGE method used to first identify and shape ideas that will become new products or services. Then, we can progress into a commercialization plan that reduces risk to your expected ROI. In most cases, IPP is adaptable and can start where you are, and catch up using proven practices.
Competitive organizations consistently invest in developing and managing their technology investments, from ideation through to product launch.
That's how and why we built IPP.
PATENT AND DUE DILLIGENCE
THIS IS A FORMAL WAY OF SAYING
Here's where we take a look at your organization's ideas and other intellectual assets. Next, we investigate the patent and non-patent literature to determine the novelty and non obviousness of the distinctive, inventive features of your assets.
- Make an expert determination about the patentability of your ideas
- Advise you on which asset classes you could feasibly pursue
(e.g., patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright)
-Give you preliminary insights on the competitive space
You'll get answers to questions like:
- Is this idea patentable?
- Should we invest in this patent? Will it deliver on our long-term strategy?
- What is the scope of related investments in this space?
-What advantage could we expect, compared to similar technology?
RESEARCH PERFORMED IN THIS STAGE PROVIDES
ESSENTIAL DATA FOR SUBSEQUENT ANALYSIS.
DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR COMPETITION IS INVENTING?
The purpose of the technology landscape survey is to understand and describe the competitive space of your technology.
Thorough competitive intelligence gives you insight into where your competition is making investments and investment activity happening in your product area.
You shouldn't make a go-to-market decision without competitive intelligence. This is so important, in fact, most clients hire us to provide competitive data on a quarterly basis.
- Product positioning, with respect to competitors
- Potential partners for licensing or research and development
- Possible derivative inventions
- Subsequent investment decisions related to the landscape
You'll get answers to questions like:
- Is it worth trying to invent in this space?
- Which patents are already out there and how valuable are they?
- If we want to license technology, what kind of cost should we expect?
- Who are the players in this space? How, where, and at which speed are they investing?
- What's the investment velocity of similar or complementary technology?
Together with the Technology Landscape Survey, the general Market Assessment provides a more comprehensive perspective on the overall market climate and demonstrates other aspects of commercial opportunity, such as market size, drivers, and other players.
The Market Assessment will include estimates, projections, and statistics describing:
- Size, growth rate, and economic indicators regarding the market
- How the market conditions relate to the technology investment trends identified in the technology landscape survey
IS OUR MIDDLE NAME.
ONE COMMITTEE TO RULE THEM ALL
In this stage, we build a foundation that the organization will use to make thoughtful, profitable decisions about establishing, growing, and diversifying your intellectual property portfolio.
The establishment of an IP governance committee serves to:
- Create policies that promote disciplined technology investment decisions
- Manage the cultivation of ideas & application of focused, disciplined due diligence
- Manage the intentional transformation of ideas into assets
- Aggregate and apply research and expertise on the market and customers
Typically the committee includes the CEO/President, plus advisers from major business streams, including: technology, marketing, operations, supply chain, finance, legal, and business development. The committee evaluates all invention disclosures created throughout the organization and then makes an investment decision for each.
a la Carte, On-the-Fly, Plug-n-Play ...either way,
we're able to jump in to help when you need supplemental, expert advice.
A one-hour reservation is best for targeted meetings.
If you know you will need support beyond 1-hour, a multi-hour bundle is
a practical option.
bottom of page